Trade Select™ THERMALBREAK 8™ is a reflective membrane made with high density XPE foam. Trade Select™ THERMALBREAK 8™ is an excellent barrier to radiant heat, enhancing the energy performance and thermal comfort of a building, and protects against water and air infiltration.
Why Trade Select™ ThermalBreak 8™ ?
- Three-in-one reflective insulation, thermal break & vapour barrier
- Multi-purpose: can be used on roofs, walls and floors
- Compression resistant
- Fibre-free and non-allergenic
- Meets the NCC/BCA R0.2 thermal break requirement for steel framed construction (even under compression)
- Rigorously tested by independent recognised accredited laboratories in compliance with AS/NZS 4859.1:2006 ensuring all product claims are met
- Suitable for use in bushfire prone areas
- Tile roof sarking
- Metal roof sarking
- Premium wall wrap
- Framed sub-floor insulation
- Steel framed construction
Bushfire Attack Levels
For use in roof systems BAL– LOW to BAL – 40 and wall systems BAL – LOW to BAL – FZ to comply with AS 3959—2009 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas.
*The contribution of this product to the total system R-value depends on installation and environmental conditions.
30m2 1350mm x 22.25m (plus 150mm overlap flap) roll
How To Specify
When specifying, state the following:
Product Name: TRADE SELECT™ AMETALIN THERMALBREAK 8™
The insulation to be installed shall be Trade Select™ Ametalin ThermalBreak 8™ double sided reflective, fibre-free thermo-reflective insulation, comprised of cross-linked, closed-cell core XPE foam with anti-glare foil facing on one side and plain foil facing on the other side, and 150 mm overlap piece included. Material R-value in-situ R0.2. Product is manufactured by Ametalin and shall be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.2: 1994 Pliable Building Membranes and Underlays, Part 2: Installation Requirements.
Emittance Bright Side: 0.03, Anti-glare Side: 0.05
Material R-value: R0.22 uncompressed / R0.20 in-situ
Water Vapour Transmission (WVT): 1.9 g/m²•24hr
Vapour Resistance: 64.89 MN•s/g
Vapour Barrier Classification: Medium
Water Barrier Classification: High
Duty: Extra Heavy in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.1:1994